Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Letter Formation Freebie!





Ohhhhh, letter formation, you're so tricky!  I created these letter formation pages to support what we learn during handwriting.  These pages can be used with so many different mediums, too.  My daughter was loving the glitter gel bags.  But you could pair these with paint bags, play dough, vis-a-vis markers, even shaving cream if you're feeling brave and messy.



Naomi got in on the fun this morning and helped me make the purple glitter bag.  They are super easy to make, and cost next to nothing.  I grabbed a bottle of clear hair gel from the dollar store, squirted just over 1/3 of it into a Ziploc bag, a few drops of food coloring and a couple of shakes of glitter.  Seal the bag, squish to mix it all together and you're ready to go!  I'll add duct tape to ensure there isn't an explosion ;)



Each letter has a star as a reminder of where to start. I added star stickers so they stand out.  You'll see that some have arrows along with the star, that's to remind my kiddos which stroke comes first.  The black dots are reminders of the second or third strokes.

I laminated my sheets so they will hold up through being used by many little hands, but if you don't have access to a laminator, a plastic sleeve works just as well.


Grab the PDF here, if you are interested in a set of your own! Letter Formation Cards

No comments: